Schmidt’s Auto began operations in 1937. Our founder, Norbert Schmidt had a passion for assisting stranded motorists with affordable solutions. In 1945, Schmidt began assisting the City of Madison, and in 1962 became their first towing vendor. Over the next 47 years, Schmidt’s grew its business to a fleet of 30 light, medium and heavy duty trucks and equipment. Serving 18 different municipalities, and partnering with local dealerships, mechanic shops and insurance companies, we deliver fast reliable towing and automotive solutions.
Today, as a fourth generation business, we continue the tradition of assisting stranded motorists with affordable solutions and are committed to driving innovation within the industry.